Tools & Tips
Need help fundraising for the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's? Check out the ideas below to help provide more support for those living with dementia and their care partners in the province:
Share on Social Media
Talking about the Walk on social media is an easy and simple way to spread the word about the event!
- Link your participant centre page in your posts or in your Instagram bio to help get donors to your page to donate.
- Share your experience in your posts or Stories! Tell your followers why you're walking, why this Walk is important to you and how close you are to your fundraising goal to inspire others to donate.
Ask your family, friends, colleagues and social media followers to donate again
Oftentimes people will donate to the same charity year after year. Don’t be afraid to remind them that you’re walking again this year and ask if they'd like to support again. More people are affected by dementia than you might realize - 62% of Manitobans have had a close connection to dementia and many people are happy to support a cause close to them if they are asked.
By signing up for Walk and asking them to support you again, you are giving them a way to make a meaningful contribution to people living with dementia. Don’t be afraid to ask them each year you participate.
Keep up the momentum
The earlier you start fundraising, the better. Always follow up with every person you’ve asked - often people forget and a gentle reminder will be appreciated. And if they donated, don’t forget to thank them.
Make it real
If you’ve got a story, special memory or fantastic person you’re walking for, share it! It will motivate people to support your fundraising efforts.
Try something new to help fundraise for the event!
- Organize a bake sale or a garage sale
- Offer your services in exchange for a pledge
- Take on a challenge - how much are friends and family willing to give you to look silly?
- Involve your workplace - challenge your co-workers by placing a fundraising thermometer and spare-change jar on your desk. Any denomination helps!
- Ask your employer if your company has a matching gift program to help raise funds