Tools & Tips
Need help fundraising for the Walk? Check out the ideas below to help provide more support for those living with dementia and their care partners in the province:
Share on Social Media
Talking about the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s on social media is an easy and simple way to spread the word about the event! Link your participant page to posts to help get donors to your page to help you make your fundraising goals. Share your experience, why you're walking and how much farther to your goal you're at and that will inspire others to donate.
Ask your family, friends, etc. to donate again
Oftentimes people will donate to the same charity year after year. Don’t be afraid to remind them that you’re walking again this year and ask if they'd like to support again.
Keep the momentum
The earlier you start fundraising, the better. Always follow up with every person you’ve asked. And if they donated, don’t forget to thank them.
Make it real
If you’ve got a story, special memory or fantastic person you’re walking for, share it! It will motivate people to support your fundraising efforts.
Try something new to help fundraise for the event!
- Organize a bake sale or a garage sale
- Offer your services in exchange for a pledge
- Take on a challenge - how much are friends and family willing to give you to look silly?
- Involve your workplace - challenge your co-workers by placing a fundraising thermometer and spare-change jar on your desk. Any denomination helps!
- Ask your employer if your company has a matching gift program to help raise funds