Host a Walk
You can host your own Walk for Alzheimer’s event at your residence anytime throughout May or June!
Each year all across the province, seniors' residences, assisted living facilities and personal care homes host Walks in support of the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba. A walk can be tailored to fit the needs of your group and is a fun way to show your support for a cause that affects so many. The Alzheimer Society will provide you with a Walk for Alzheimer’s kit with all the essentials to help you host a great fundraising event!
How to Register:
- Start a Team and become a team captain
- Choose Winnipeg Community Walks as your location.
- Select Community as your team type.
- Continue to follow the prompts until the registration is complete. Once you have successfully registered we will send you a Walk for Alzheimer’s Kit to help get you started.
Your Free Walk Kit Includes:
- Walk Coordinator’s Handbook
- 10 Balloons to give a visual presence for your walk
- 40 Paper Wall Decals to be filled out by supporters and placed on a designated wall or pinned on your shirt to show who you are walking for
- 50 Alzheimer Society Stickers to be given to walkers/supporters
- 2 Posters to advertise your event in advance (ask for more if needed)
- An Alzheimer Society T-shirt to be given away as a prize/thank you
Added Bonus! The Community Walk that raises the most funds will receive the annual Extra Mile Award!
To register offline or for more information, call 204-943-6622 or email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org